Steps to optimise label compliance and readability
Who should do this training?
- QA personnel – Need to know how to check that the labels comply with AUS-MEAT/ AQIS and fact sheet requirements. Monitoring program to ensure all labels are compliant.
- Boning room/ Offal room supervisors – Need to know what a correct label looks like and that suitable steps are in place to ensure they stay correct.
- Carton label operators – They need to be able to tell when labels are printing correctly and when they are not, so they can tell someone that equipment maintenance is required. (Reprinting 2 days production because of a fault is not very pleasant).
- Carton strappers – Don’t strap over the carton labels. Reject cartons with missing, pealing or damaged labels.
- Loadout supervisors – They need to be able to tell the difference between a correct and incorrect label including print quality and placement as well as damage to labels.