Creating DESADV messages
An establishment can create a DESADV message in 3 possible ways:
- Logging into the Meat Messaging web site and manually:
- Completing all the message details and uploading a scan file for each group of carton.
- Completing all the message details and uploading a group scan file (.CSV or .txt) that contains the groups and the cartons.
- Manually uploading a DESADV message (.DSV file).
- Email of a DESADV file to a meat message email address. The message is picked up and processed in meat messaging.
- Web service where a data file (XML) is uploaded with required data. The web service can be used multiple times to update and read the status of a specific message.
The establishment can update the message until the message is sent.
Once a message is sent (the Message status element is set to "SENT") the recipients are sent an email notification stating that they have received a message. Once sent no element of the message can be altered, accept the "Port/Place of discharge". The receiver of the product has 3 possible ways to respond:
- Logging into the meat message web site and manually completing the receipt details along with manually uploading a scan file.
- Emailing a receipt message (.RCV file) to the Meat Messaging email address. The message is picked up and processed in Meat Messaging.
- Web services where a data file is uploaded with the required data.